Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Avery Sixteen Saison


Most people who check in with my blog from time to time know, I don't usually take much time out for tasting Belgian styles. But I'd been so impressed with Avery recently that I thought I'd give this a try. This is Avery's Sixteenth Anniversay Ale and as it advertises on the bottle it is light, flavored with jasmine, peache, and miel. A decent head with an extremely dry, light body, I'm not particularly attracted to the aroma, which is that characteristically Belgian spoiled fruit smell. I'm not sure how to put into words the taste that the Belgian yeast creates, but I can always recognize it when I have it. It's combination of arousing clarity within the malts and crispness in the flavor. Sweet mellow aftertones like summer jazz in a European outdoor park are what you're left with. Certainly light and flavorful, but just not my hop crazy pallette's cup of tea.


Sixteen Saison: **1/2

No comments: