Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Hair of the Dog Blue Dot IPA


Hailing from my home state, I get far fewer great Oregon beers down here in SoCal than I would like. While new to me and to Southern California, Hair of the Dog has been around since the early 90's, and takes pride in having switched over to organic grains a few years ago. I've never been a huge fan of organic beers in taste, although I'm not at all against the principle. Blue Dot, while offering a decent aroma and a very enjoyable light body, doesn't seem to have much character beyond a light hop flavor, blended well with what my guess is some lighter crystal malt. It does linger a little in your mouth leaving the most miniscule traces of bitterness on your tongue, but doesn't sway me too much in either direction. The light body, however, makes this beer quite enjoyable for an easy summer drink.


Blue Dot IPA: ***

No comments: