Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

O'Doul's Amber



Today in honor of blossoming Springtime, I decided to review a new beer simply named, O'Doul's Amber.  It doesn't look like an amber coming out of the can with a medium amount of head and not much lacing, I would have guessed this is a Pilsner.  


Upon the first sip I taste wonderful organic ingredients like corn syrup, sodium isoascorbate, and potassium metabisulfite!  The beer is malty and crisp, golden yellow, but not too fizzy, reminds me of childhood, drinking a sweet sickly cola.  Not getting much hops here, but more interestingly there's an additional flavor that's making this beer a winner.  Perhaps O'Doul's aged this beer to perfection, because it tastes like it sat on the shelf for several years: metallic, bitter, all the things you'd expect from a good canned beer. 


As we head into warm springtime, I cannot recommend this beer enough.  My one complaint would be that there's not much alcohol bite and strangely they don't list their alc content.  Oh well, can't have it all I guess.


O'Doul's Amber: *****

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sounds like it would pair well with lunchables